Wake up call and other poems The Magdalen...
Subscribe and support independent publishing
A digital subscription to The Blue Nib costs from just €9.50 per quarter and gets you full access to all site content as well as supporting the work of emerging poets and authors
In issue 39 of The Blue Nib - The Magazine for Poets and Writers
Poetry Australia & New Zealand
Poetry US and Canada
Poetry UK & Ireland
Matthew James Friday
Some of our recently featured poets and writers
- Anne Walsh Donnelly -Hennessy New Irish Writing: July’s winning poems. Shortlisted for the Hennessy Awards for poets and writers 2019.
- Linda McKenna -winner of the Seamus Heaney Award for New Writing
- Maeve O’Sullivan – Maeve’s fourth book of poetry Elsewhere was published in 2017. She is a founder of Haiku Ireland, and also a long-standing member of the British Haiku Society. She is also a founder of the Hibernian Poetry Workshop and performs with the Poetry Divas collective of women poets.
- Brian Kirk named as Listowel Writers’ Week Irish Poem of the Year at the An Post Irish Book Awards 2018.
- Emma McKervey – Emma won the 2015 PoetryNI/Translink Poetry Competition and in 2016 she was shortlisted for both the NI National Poetry Competition and the Bord Gáis Irish Book Awards’ Poem of the Year Award. In 2017 she had two poems highly commended for the Seamus Heaney Prize.
- Clifton Redmond – Clifton was long listed for the Over the Edge Poetry Competition and shortlisted for the Fermoy International Poetry Prize. He is currently working on a project based on a struggle with cultural identity.
- Teresa Sweeney. – Teresa was a runner-up in WOW! Awards 2011.