.Submissions to issue 42 in print close on 5th June
.Submissions for the web platform remain open until July 1st.
Please read and adhere to our simple guidelines
this will speed up the processing of all submissions
Important: The Blue Nib General Guidelines:
- Submissions are considered for either the digital platform or for an upcoming print issue. If you are only interested in having your work appear in print then we cannot consider it. An editor will notify you once a decision has been made on your work, if you have not received a notification after 30 days, please send a follow up email to the editor handling your submission.
- Submissions need to be of unpublished work.
- We do not accept simultaneous submissions.
- Author bios should be no more than 50 words. Read Writing your author bio here.
- Author Images should be .png or .jpeg and of good ‘print’ quality.
- House style: Capitalise and bold your Titles and insert page breaks. Use ‘single quotes’ (not “double”) and italics for emphasis and extracts (not CAPS). Use a single space after full points. (not double . )
- Written files should be MS Word. Format as follows; Times New Roman, 12pt and single spaced for poetry, double spaced for articles and short fiction. Read Stop Making Your Editor’s Life Miserable for tips on formatting.
- Sound files for The Ink Pods should be mp3, mp4 or m4a or wav files.
- The Blue Nib is not yet a paying market.
If your files don’t match those that our system can handle, a quick google search will take you to any number of free sites that will convert your files.