- Essays/Journalism – Submissions Closed
- Reviews – Submissions Closed
- Poetry – Submissions Closed
- Fiction – Submissions Closed
- Only work submitted through our submissions page will be considered.
- To ensure we have your contact details and can process your submission, please register or login before submitting.
- No more than one story and/or poetry submission (up to a max of 5 poems) should be submitted during any one submission period.
- It is unlikely that we will accept over 40 lines in a single poem, or over 2500 word in fiction.
- Poems should be submitted together with a biography of not more than 50 words in one single word file.
- All work is considered for both print and digital.
- Work must be previously unpublished and ideally should not be under consideration elsewhere. If it is accepted for publication elsewhere, please notify us immediately. If you need to withdraw your submission for any reason, you can do so by emailing us at [email protected]
- All submissions are read. The editors’ decision may not be correct but it is final. We aim to contact everyone within 1 month of submission but we will occasionally take longer
- Copyright of accepted work remains with the author. Work published in the magazine may also be included on our website.
Print contributors receive a copy of the issue in which their work is featured and can order further copies by emailing [email protected] with details of the number of copies they wish to order.
The current payment rates for work accepted for print are as follows:
- Essay and Journalism:€20 Per Print Page. Maximum €60.00
- Short fiction:€20.00 Per Print Page. Maximum €60.00
- Poetry:€15.00 Per Poem. Maximum Per Submission €45.00
All payments are made via Paypal to the email address under which your Blue Nib account is registered.