Autumn 2018 Chapbook Contest Judged by Helen Mort
The contest is open to new, emerging and established poets from any country.
- Poems must be in English
- Submitted collections must contain 8 poems of any style (All) on a single MS Word or Pdf document.
- Entries should be in times new roman 12pt and single spaced.
- We understand that poetry must take its own form but we encourage poets to allow their words wow our judge rather than unusual formatting.
- Your entry document must include only the poems you wish to submit and nothing else.
- Poems submitted must be previously unpublished as part of a journal, anthology or collection and must remain so until the contest closes and results are announced. (Poems published on the poets own blog are acceptable.)
- Poems must be submitted using the entry form only.
- We accept poems from poets of any nationality, from any country.
- There is no lower age limit but we would point out that very young poets are likely to stand little chance of winning.
- No alterations may be made to an entry once it has been submitted.
- Closing date for entries: December 15th 2018.
- Results will be announced online and in print in issue 37 of The Blue Nib, on 15 March 2019. Results will also appear on The Blue Nib Facebook Page.
The three winning entries will be those chosen by judge Helen Mort. Each will receive a complimentary copy of the chapbook.
The first prize winner will receive €250.00. The second prize winner will receive €150 and the 3rd placed winner will receive €100.00.
Up to 10 other shortlisted entrants will be awarded as Highly Commended.
By entering the contest you grant The Blue Nib the rights to publish your work in print & on the web.
Only one entry is accepted per poet.