Spring - Summer 2019 Chapbook Contest Judged by Paul Sutherland
Rules (Please read before submitting your entry)
The contest is open to new, emerging and established poets from any country.
- Poems must be in English
- Entry to the contest is free to paid Blue Nib Magazine or Website Subscribers or Patrons.
- Non-member must purchase an entry. Any entry received without payment will be deleted.
- Submitted collections must contain 8 poems of any style (All) on a single MS Word or Pdf document.
- Entries should be in times new roman 12pt and single spaced.
- We understand that poetry must take its own form but we encourage poets to allow their words wow our judge rather than unusual formatting.
- Your entry document must include only the poems you wish to submit and nothing else. (No manuscript titles, graphics, intro)
- Poems submitted must be previously unpublished as part of a journal, anthology or collection and must remain so until the contest closes and results are announced. (Poems published on the poets own blog are acceptable.)
- Poems must be submitted using this entry form only.
- We accept poems from poets of any nationality, from any country.
- There is no lower age limit but we would point out that very young poets are likely to stand little chance of winning.
- No alterations may be made to an entry once it has been submitted.
- Closing date for entries: June 15th 2019.
- Results will be announced online and in print in issue 39 of The Blue Nib, on 15 September 2019. Results will also appear on The Blue Nib Facebook Page.
The three winning entries will be those chosen by judge Paul Sutherland. Each will receive a complimentary copy of the chapbook.
The first prize winner will receive €500.00. The second prize winner will receive €350 and the 3rd placed winner will receive €150.00.
Up to 10 other shortlisted entrants will be awarded as Highly Commended.
By entering the contest you grant The Blue Nib the rights to publish your work in print & on the web.
Only one entry is accepted per poet.