Recognition for The Blue Nib.
- Established in 2016 by Dave Kavanagh as a platform for both established and emerging writers. The focus was on poetry, publishing the work of new and already established poets.
- Shirley Bell joined the editorial team of The Nib in Mid 2017 and holds the position of Editor In Chief.
- Mimi Gladman came on as Fiction Editor in 2018
- The Blue Nib have been the first to publish work by many emerging writers and to have promoted the talent of poets such as Anne Walsh Donnelly, winner of our Winter/Spring contest 2017/18.
- The Blue Nib Chapbook and Omnibus contest series are now well established.
- The contest offers emerging and established poets and writer the opportunity to have their work read and judged by an established name.
- Past Judges have included Lecturer and Poet, Michael Blackburn, Irish poet, Kevin Higgins, plus Scottish Poet and editor of Southlight Journal Vivien Jones.
- The Contest offers a launch pad for winners and a boost in confidence to our runners up.
- The Blue Nib Chapbook 1 was listed in the top ten UK Chapbook chart within the first week of release proving the relevance of this contest to emerging poets.
- Chapbook 2 rose to No 2 in the same chart.